Awards

Woodlands Awards Winners 2018 Woodlands Awards Winners 2021

Search This Blog

Saturday 14 April 2018

Saturday 14th April 2018

Spring has definitely arrived. Saturday was warm and sunny, the leaves of the trees are unfurling and green is starting to return, the birds are very vocal and the insects and butterflies were out in force, unfortunately so was the first bracken!



There were some very odd noises coming from near the green man tree, it sounded like a bee hive but although there were quite a lot of flies around I could not see where it was coming from, something to monitor

I'm not sure if there is just less cover or really there are mot squirrels around, but after not seeing any until very recently now I am seeing them every week. I saw at least 3 this time around the Yardarm

I had been up after work on Wednesday and moved all the chopped rohdie from the gully behind the yardarm to the fire site so this morning, after feeding the birds, I carried on finishing the clearing of the top section by the cars. It turned out to be a much bigger job than I expected.





I was only there for five hours as I had work travel on Sunday to prepare for but in that time I only managed to clear the rohides that were left from Easter into a huge pile to be split small enough to get to the fire and dig up a good number of stumps. But all the chopping is now done and I can spend some time going back for the stumps over the next couple of months. What a difference to that section in a  couple of weeks though, it's difficult to believe so much land was hidden behind the bushes