Awards

Woodlands Awards Winners 2018 Woodlands Awards Winners 2021

Search This Blog

Sunday 3 June 2018

Sunday 3rd June 2018

It was another hot sunny weekend to start June and I arrived expecting a hard day digging roots and clearing brambles, but Ant arrived with other ideas! so Sundays task was to extend and reorganise the wood pile.

Ant worked on adding a new roof section with the remaining fence panel and putting two pallets down underneath it as a base and I worked on putting a new pallet down outside of the covered section then tidying and building up the section of green wood. After that I worked my way through splitting the larger oak sections still left




That took most of the day, it was hot and sunny and the horse flies, or whatever they are, we out in force, swarming round us both all day and leaving several bites despite the Deet. I have bitten before of course but never seen so many of these flies or had them so persistent. Hopefully they will have dispersed a bit by next week.

Once the wood pile was sorted Ant worked on a bit of oak he hopes to make into a crossbow handle and I pulled the bracken up by the hive. There were only 596 individual stems this week!

The first hatchlings of this years brood have left the great tit nest and young birds of all types were visiting the nuts in the feeders and in the Hive clearing I found several oak saplings, and some holly that I will try and protect next week