Awards

Woodlands Awards Winners 2018 Woodlands Awards Winners 2021

Search This Blog

Sunday 1 March 2015

Say hello to "Trap Number 2" !!!

Back from the Masai Mara and today was the first day I visited the wood to discover that my amazing friends had been busy whilst I was away and built and installed the woodland loo. Check out the view from trap number 2....
I christened it of course and then promptly went to wash my hands in the stream behind, except I managed to slide on my arse the entire length of the bank into the stream at the bottom! that'll teach me for being too lazy to wander over to the easy access section. With sodden and incredibly muddy trousers I clambered back up the bank and, being alone in the wood, decided to remove the trousers and light a fire to dry them. It was only after an hour of working away on the toilet steps in my pants and wellies that I remembered I had packed my waterproof trousers with me! idiot.
On a brighter note, the primroses are starting to flower in the sunnier glades and the stream is in full flow and gorgeous with it, I cant wait to see what else will come up in the approaching spring time. Tracey turned up after lunch and we wiled away a good few hours by the fire drinking tea and eating biscuits, catching up, by which time my trousers were almost dry and the light was fading. Time to head home - I miss the African wildlife, but it's good to be home.