Awards

Woodlands Awards Winners 2018 Woodlands Awards Winners 2021

Search This Blog

Saturday 7 June 2014

Getting ready for the gangs first visit

Finished the main set of steps in and thank god as it was roasting hot. They look awesome, we are both ridiculously proud of them.... and they work!
The rain had collected in a pool at the base of the clogged stream as it approaches "base camp" and so I started digging out the sticks and leaves and crap in order to give it more space for water should it rain again. But in digging, I discovered yet more clay, so with the hole now half full of water, I carried on digging and got absolutely covered in the stuff - slopping it out onto the side of the hole which was rapidly turning into a mini-pond. I then used the clay to make a seat in the bank opposite which I hope won't crack too much when it dries, but who knows. I left it to dry out for a few hours and come the afternoon it was still nowhere near dry, but fairly firm and malleable at least... so I made a bum print in it in the hope it would make for a more comfy seat during prolonged periods of wine-guzzling round the campfire. The captain of course then came and did his, and to my horror I discovered that my arse is actually a good deal larger than his... git. I got cleaned up in the marginally flowing stream and decided to enlarge the arse further with some bacon and prawn kebabs. Followed by my second attempt at flapjacks which were infinitely better than the first.

Sadly nothing on the camera trap except 67 pictures of exactly the same empty scene with a Rhody leaf pulling a variety of different poses in the top left hand corner of each shot - D'oh!