Awards

Woodlands Awards Winners 2018 Woodlands Awards Winners 2021

Search This Blog

Sunday 29 June 2014

the morning after the night before

Woke up quite a few times and there will need to be some minor adjustments made to my bed before next time - mainly leveling - I kept sliding down towards my feet end and waking up half way along the tube.
Also need to make a better pillow for next time. the boys however faired much worse than me... they got pretty wet when they slept, but fair play to them lasting out til at least 9am in a soggy bed!
We moved the tarp from under the trees yesterday to the new tiered bank area which held off a lot of the rain but I had to cover the clay ground in bracken to a least be able to walk on it without heavy lumps of clay attaching themselves to your boots. The folded piles of chicken wire Ant spent all week pulling out of the Rhodies made a great springy base to put all our stuff on and keep it off the ground so not all bad.
Had a lovely fry up on the fire for breakfast which miraculously only took a few twigs and some snot rag to get going again after the torrential downpour, (a damned site better than mine and Helen's failed attempt yesterday!).
The boys left soon after lunch time and we weren't far behind. Our week off has been excellent fun, and very productive, but it's also been exhausting, painful at times and agonizing at others. I didn't even know I had muscles in my fingers, but every single one of them aches. I've eaten 4 batches of homemade flapjacks, (now named "power jacks"), more sausage sandwiches then I have eaten in the last year and even swallowed a bug of some kind - not to mention the multitude of germs I am now playing host to. I need this afternoon to make myself (and my finger nails) presentable to an audience of customers in Poland tomorrow. Bring on the bathtub.