Awards

Woodlands Awards Winners 2018 Woodlands Awards Winners 2021

Search This Blog

Saturday 10 November 2018

Saturday 10th November

There was heavy rain overnight on Friday with more forecast for Sunday so Saturday saw me at Rais. It felt like the first proper autumn day, wet and muddy with a cool or even cold breeze all day. The rain had gone by 10 when I arrived but there was broken cloud , with some sun, all day

There has finally been enough rain to restart the stream and for the first few hours everything was very wet. Autumn is well underway elsewhere too with the bracken going over and the oak saplings are finally starting to lose their leaves.

























Wandering around I found another tree losing it's bark, so I guess that is in a bad way.











I was not feeling too good so avoided the pickaxe today and just chopped. I probably overdid it but ended up with a good pile at the end of the day. I did come across a burrow of some kind that seemed fairly fresh,
I think all the leaves were from my chopping

















and I also came back across the potential burrow I found earlier in the year in the stream bank again and it looked pretty tidy so I suspect it may well be in use, maybe we can try your trail cam when you're back to see?
This is this week's clue as to where I was working!
The birds may not come down to the food up by the Hive much when I am there, bit there certainly do after I'm gone, I don't think the new suet feeder is going to last long! Now they have been at the bottom hole too