Awards

Woodlands Awards Winners 2018 Woodlands Awards Winners 2021

Search This Blog

Thursday 24 April 2014

Clearing of the Wayleave

Second day back after Easter and a long boring drive in hideous traffic to Oxford means I couldn’t answer a call on my personal mobile.
I got to my destination and discovered it was a call from the agents saying the electricity company were on site clearing the felled trees in the wayleave! I tried to call back but had to leave a message. Obviously their email to the contractors about not bothering and letting us do it ourselves did not get through! I left a garbled message about leaving the wood as long as possible and stacking the brash along the southern border but could do no more as I was already late for my meeting.
4 hours later I got back in the car and managed to get through to the agent to explain what we wanted and he assured me he would get in touch with the electricity company and relay the message.
So right now we have no idea if the wayleave is as we wanted or if it has been decimated and the wood chopped into nothing but firewood. The Captain is understandably disappointed and I am desperate to go visit and assess the damage. I can’t believe I am concerned about the poor Foxgloves and I’m not even their legal guardian yet!