Awards

Woodlands Awards Winners 2018 Woodlands Awards Winners 2021

Search This Blog

Monday 7 April 2014

Solicitor Instructed

Oh crikey it's actually started! I rang the solicitor today and instructed them to act for us and to expect contact from Bob at Woodlands. She will send over the paperwork for completing and signing along with an outline of the charges. Can't quite believe it's really happening. She asked me some serious questions about rights of access and public rights of way as well as something about fencing issues. Which is odd as it is also the question Joe the Irish neighbour asked too. I think I will telephone Bob again when I return to the UK on Wednesday - poor bloke - by then I expect I'll have a list of questions for him. My solicitor assures me these things are covered by the searches that will be conducted and questionnaires to be sent, but forewarned is fore-armed so they say. I really don't want any disappointing surprises at the last minute - my heart couldn't take it. I have read horror stories where people have bought woodland and then been told they can only access it during the winter months and on certain days of the week due to limited access rights and others where people cannot get to the land at all except by trespassing across others!