Awards

Woodlands Awards Winners 2018 Woodlands Awards Winners 2021

Search This Blog

Saturday 26 April 2014

must be patient, must be patient...

Sun's out and so tempting to go up there and have a look at what they've been up to. I received another email about another portion of Blackfold going up for sale again today, "Ousebeck Wood". Still more expensive than ours and still less than 5 acres, so I think we really did get the best deal going first. Although I also noticed that the second piece, Flourish Wood, next door to ours has already sold too.
Managed to pass the time completing an Alpine garden for my new patio with an old shallow stone sink kindly donated by a friend of mine. Looks good although obviously a bit "fresh" still. Hopefully the plants I have chosen and arranged will fill out in the right directions and provide some cover in all seasons, but I guess it will take some years before the plants trail over the side and cover the odd colouring of the sink; (who has a yellow sink anyway!?).  Also cleared the front pots of spring plants and put in new summer bedding so a few more weeks and we should have a brighter patio to come home to.